**AUTOCROSS & DRIFTING ANNOUNCEMENT**
We have finalized the details of our expanded Autocross program at PITS this year and we’re ready to spill the corn mash!
2-Days of Autocross
That’s right…we’re hosting two full days of cone swerving action at Smokies Stadium on Wed and Thu!
– 8am to 4:30pm each day(see complete schedule below)
Sponsored by Saleen
The man, the myth, the legend Steve Saleen has built street cars for decades that are right at home on any closed course. Will there be a time laid down for everyone to beat…we shall see!
Gateway Classic Mustang, a BFGoodrich Ambassador and representing Ford/Ford Performance, is running Autocross for us this year!
– Gateway has the experience, the staff and the timing equipment to keep participants safe and cars hustling all day.
Never been on a Autocross course before and want to know the fast way around? Come ride shotgun for FREE in one of two Optima Ultimate Street Car Series Mustangs that will be on hand. These experienced driver’s are also available to ride shotgun with you in your car providing advice for proper maneuvering
Drifting Returns With East10Drift
On Wednesday only, Louie Garza and the East10Drift squad returns again with their ever popular drifting demonstrations and Ride-Alongs. Bouncing off the rev limiters in plumes of tire smoke draws everyone over to the paddock area to check out all the commotion and these guys and gals deliver. Taking the opportunity to ride shotgun with East10Drift is a wild ride that everyone should try.
TN Smokies Baseball Stadium – 3540 Line Dr, Kodak, TN 37764
Autocross Wednesday and Thursday March 25th & 26th
8:00am – Driver’s Meeting
8:30am – Course Goes Hot for Morning Session
12:00pm – Lunch Break
12:30pm – Course Goes Hot for Afternoon Session
4:30pm – Course Closed
Drifting Wednesday March 25th
11:00am to 6pm
Safety, Rules and Regs
– EVERYONE will need to sign a waiver at the paddock gate entrance
– ALL RIDE-ALONG PARTICIPANTS will need to sign an additional waiver at the Gateway/East10Drift for Autocross/Drifting Ride-Alongs
– There will be spectator wristbands and driver wristbands
– Vehicles Autocrossing must have Driving Experience decal on driver’s side windshield to get on course
– Helmets are Recommended, but NOT required
– Driver’s will be given a short checklist to prepare their vehicles, but NO tech inspection
– A brief Autocross driver’s meeting is presented as a group each morning and individually for participants as they register throughout the day
– First-time Autocrosser’s are encouraged to take a Ride-Along and/or have an Optima driver ride shotgun with you first, if desired
– Zero Tolerance Alcohol/Substance Restriction – The PITS Crew and Gateway Staff reserve the right to deny any driver suspected of being under the influence from getting behind the wheel and on the course
Admittance and Cost
– Spectator access is free to all Car Show and Shine Run participants with their Wed/Thu wristbands, otherwise spectators are $5 per day
– Shine Run participants will received a voucher for one complimentary Autocross run
– Autocross registration is onsite only and $20 per day for as many runs you can manage to get in
– Drifting Ride-Alongs are $30ea
**AUTOCROSS REGISTRATION IS ONSITE ONLY
– Autocross awards for Quickest Bootlegger on Wednesday and Thursday will be presented during Saturday’s Awards ceremony
– Gateway will set up a different Autocross course each day
– The Shine Run is Wednesday and Thursday 9am – 5pm
– English Mountain Dragway’s Test ‘n Tune from 11am to 4pm on Thursday
– The Driving Experience at PITS is action packed so plan accordingly to get your fill